Skip To Content

Pay Now

temporary sign RyansDF site plan

Permanent Sign Application
Temporary Sign Application
Sandwich Board Sign Application
Utility Clearance Application
Zoning Clearance Application

Common Questions:

What information is needed to submit an application for a single family dwelling?

Completed Zoning Clearance Application (under comments, please add how many stories that structure will be, also the total height).
Site plan showing lot lines, placement of structure, building setback lines, two parking spaces (9'X18') required for each dwelling, zoning district, lot, phase, subdivisions, elevations if required zoning district.

What is the procedure for obtaining building permits and zoning clearances?

The City of Statesville must issue a zoning clearance for any project requiring a building permit, septic approval or sign clearance.

What inspections are required by the City of Statesville?

Anytime a dwelling changes ownership a minimum housing inspection is required within the City's jurisdiction.
Whenever a commercial establishment needs a CO inspection from the county building inspections department, there must first be a Zoning Final Inspection for parking lot, landscaping and signage requirements.
ABC permits must first have a site visit for compliance with signage, junk vehicles, trash & debris and parking.
Zoning certification letters must have site visits for the same purpose.

What kind of permits will be needed for a sign?

Most signs with the exception of a few will need a zoning clearance along with a building permit issued by Iredell County Building Standards.

Development in Non-Residential areas submitting process.

Any development within a B-3 or B-4 zoning district or over 1,000 sq. ft. must go before the Technical Review Committee for approval.
All development shall meet section 30.10.1 design standards
Areas within the CB and CBP zoning districts must adhere to the Design Review Committee.